Metronome continues to work around this year’s ever-changing circumstances, and where possible we are continuing to put on our much-loved live events.
All of our events are seated only – in line with our new social distancing and safety measures which you can read about below. Please check What’s On for event updates and our latest news.
Keeping you safe
Measures we have taken
- The bar and atrium have been redesigned to support social distancing requirements, there will be a reduced capacity at events, and the auditorium and foyer are fully ventilated.
- There will be daily deep cleans and each space will be treated with anti-viral fog at the end of each day
- We may take ask to take your temperature before entering the venue
- Tickets will be sold in groups of 2+, and they must be bought in advance
- One-way traffic guidelines and hand sanitisation points have been installed
- Drinks will only be able to be ordered through an app
- Test and Trace details will be retained at point of booking
Our expectations of customers
We kindly ask that you:
- Face coverings must be worn at all times with the exception of taking refreshments. Face coverings must be worn whilst not taking a drink.
- Please remain seated during the performance
- Please take toilet breaks in the interval. Once everyone is seated re-entry is only permitted during an interval.
- Download the NHS Covid app to scan our QR code on your arrival.
- Download the OnTapp app before your arrival so you can order drinks
- Follow the signs and observe social distancing
- Leave two seats in between each group to allow for social distancing
- Wash your hands regularly using water and soap in the facilities, and use the hand sanitiser stations around the building when on-the-go
- Don’t visit Metronome if you’re feeling unwell or have any symptoms that could be Covid-19
- Adhere to the latest government advice and guidance regarding Tier restrictions
How to report a case
In the event of a customer contracting Covid-19, we ask that they:
- Contact Metronome Reception by emailing email@example.com or ringing us on 07795690728
- Do not come back to site until at least 10 days later, provided your symptoms are no longer present after this time
- During this time, you must isolate at home. For further guidance, read the Government guidelines
At our socially distanced shows, we are able to adjust the seating in the first three rows to allow wheelchair users and their partners/companions an excellent vantage point.
In the bar we are able to reserve a table, and offer table service. We can also accommodate early access prior to doors opening.
We kindly ask anyone attending in a wheelchair to let us know when booking that you will require space for your wheelchair in the venue so that the seating and arrangements can be set up correctly in advance.
Our staff and security will meet and greet all customers, and will be on hand to help with any queries.
Our facility keys are cleaned thoroughly between uses, but we advise any customers with a radar key to bring their own if they can.
If you would like to talk to someone further please contact Richard Draper by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or ringing 07795690728, and we will endeavour to answer all your queries within five working days.